Owner Relations

Owner Relations Resources & Information

We believe in providing the highest level of service to our interest owners and strive to always communicate effectively to maintain a good relationship with you. The information below is meant to answer any questions you may have, quickly and easily.

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact R. Lacy Services, Ltd?

Main Phone:
(903) 758-8276

Main Fax:
(903) 758-5098

Owner Relations:

Mailing Address:
P. O. Box 2146, Longview, TX 75606

Owner Relations/Division Orders Questions:
Phone: (903) 236-2700


How do I change my address?

Please use this address change form and mail, fax, or scan/email it to the attention of our Owner Relations/Division Orders. All address changes must be in writing and include your name, old address, new address, owner’s signature or authorized representative (send Power of Attorney), daytime phone number, email address, and social security number/tax payer identification number for verification.

How do I change my name on my account?

Please use this address/name change form on our website www.rlacy.com and provide a copy of a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other court documents showing your name change. Please include your former name and new name, phone number, owner number, and social security number for verification. Mail, fax, or scan/email the documentation to the Owner Relations/Division Orders.

If the owner is deceased, what documentation is needed?

Please send us a copy of the owner’s death certificate, probated will, and a copy of the probate instruments (Letters Testamentary, Application to Probate, Probate Order) which have been recorded in the county/parish where the property is located.

From another county within Texas: Certified Copy of Will, Application and Probate Order

Info required to file a probated will of record from outside state: Authenticated or Exemplified copy of Will, Application, and Probate Order. File of record in Texas county

Please provide your name, phone number, owner number, social security number of the deceased, and current addresses (emails is possible) of all heirs. If additional information is needed, we will contact you.

If the owner died without a will, please provide a copy of the death certificate and an Affidavit of Heirship that has been completed by two disinterested third parties, must be notarized, and recorded in the County or Parish where the property is located. If the will has not been probated or is not going to be probated, please call our Owner Relations/Division Orders at (903)758-8276. An Affidavit of Heirship and Election Not to Probate the Will are required.

If the Owner account should be paid to an Estate, what documentation is needed?

Please send us copies of the owner’s Death Certificate, Probated Will, Letters Testamentary, Probate Order, Name of Estate, and Tax ID number.

If there has been a change in ownership, who do I notify?

Requests for change of ownership must be submitted in writing to our Owner Relations/Division Orders, along with a copy of the deed or instrument of conveyance that has been recorded in the County/Parish where the property is located. Please include your name, phone number, owner number, and social security/tax ID Number for verification. If additional information is needed, we will contact you.

Will I receive a 1099 every year?

Tax forms are issued annually based on federal requirements. This is typically before January 31 of the year following the payments.

What should I do if my check is lost, stolen or older than the 120 days listed on the check?

Please allow 10 business days to receive your check. If your check is lost or stolen, please contact our Revenue Department immediately at (903)758-8276. Any check dated more than 120 days ago should be marked “VOID” and sent back to R. Lacy Services, Ltd. The revenue from a voided check will reissue on the next revenue run cycle.

When will revenue checks be issued?

Revenue checks are typically mailed or direct deposited around the 18th – 22nd of each month depending on weekends and holidays. Small revenue amounts are accumulated and paid once a year in July or when the amount reaches $100. Revenue is typically distributed two months following the month of production. 

How do I research unclaimed funds?

Funds are reported to various states based on the state of the owner’s last known address record. If the address is unknown, the funds are reported to Texas, the state in which R. Lacy Services, Ltd. is domiciled. To claim funds reported as unclaimed by R. Lacy, an heir of the owner reported will need to contact the state, and R. Lacy Division Order Dept. Websites you might find helpful are https://claimittexas.org or www.unclaimed.org or www.missingmoney.com

Why does my monthly payment sometimes vary?

Many factors contribute to your payment, including: market conditions, fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, seasonal conditions and well downtime.

Does R. Lacy Services, Ltd. provide direct deposit?

Yes. Please use this Direct Deposit form. Be sure to include a Voided Check for account information verification. The name on the account should match the name of the Owner Account. For Savings Account, please provide a document from the financial institution with the account name, number, and routing information. It is important to keep us advised in writing of any address changes where your statements will be mailed in order to avoid your account being suspended.